Wednesday, October 8, 2014

September 12th

Concerning The British Museum And Tea

Where we make a new friend and peer at some very old artifacts


Shyanne has a friend living near London whom she has never been able to meet in person. Her friend's name is Nicola. She sent us Nicola's email address before we left, and we wrote her with any and all planning questions, and received some invaluable help in return. We called Nicola the night of the 11th to arrange meeting up with her at the British Museum. 


The British have many nifty looking phone booths around London, although, as Nicola explained, people put "naughty things in them." That is why the back of the phone booth is cut off in this picture, making it look as classical and British as it was intended to look.


We saw many mummies and sarcophagi all around Great Britain and Ireland. Mainly contained in museums, like this one here:




Nicola treated us to tea in London, although we understand that this is not a full British Tea. As Americans who can't tell the difference, we loved it as much as if it were.


It was so CRAFTY looking!


The Woman herself! The best part about the tea was the company <3





I got nothing but grief for the amount of pictures I took. As I was taking this one a British workmen to me left shouted out "you can take one over here!" and struck his arms out in a dramatic pose. Sadly, I missed the shot.






I had Susie try this shot twice. I had to wait for a fellow tourist who was copying my pose to move before I could get ready for the second shot. I must be brilliant.


Rosetta Stone!



Easter Island Heads.... The Original Duck Lips.


What do YOU think this symbolizes?


Guess again! The two headed horse with it's tongues stuck to it's back clearly indicates the elevated role that Viking Women held in their households...




Well, he did, didn't he? Good going Thorfastr!



 Siobhan! Ever wondered where those statues where that used to be in Greece?


The Acropolis is alive in London!

This statue was giving Susie a hard time, so she gave it a hard time right back!


She started it!


Sadly, this door was closed, and we missed seeing *all* of the British Museum by that much.


The Asia exhibit was downright scary.





Sadly, we left without our Proof of Pilgrimage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment